Friday 26 August 2016

Hello World of Minecraft!

Greetings, dear visitors and welcome to a new blog of mine that will talk about the vast and amazing world Minecraft. The idea first started with only having mod development in mind, but I can already think of a few other idea to write about. From the modding aspect of this blog, I hope that with time it will hopefully turn into a quality repository of development news, tutorials, guides and how-to's. So if you're just starting out (or are thinking about starting) exploring the wonderful world of Minecraft mod development, you're in the right place! For all the end users out there, don't worry guys, there will be plenty of other stuff as well (survival gameplay, world building, challenges and more).

I've been a semi-active Minecraft developer for the last year or so which makes me a slightly experienced newbie, and even though I've spent countless hours navigating Forge classes and reading various tutorials online, I still get confused about a lot of stuff. Let's not forget about needing to bookmark all those websites containing information essential to developing a functional mod, because if you decide to take a longer break from coding you know you probably aren't gonna remember a thing about setting up your mod's framework. New and aspiring Minecraft developers sometimes get overwhelmed with the amount of information they have to sift through to be able to properly set things up to get simple things working. For all of the reasons above I've decided to start writing articles intended to help you truly make Minecraft your world. Note that I am by no means a master in this area of expertise, but as I've said, just an experienced newbie. So even though I put considerable amount of time into research and testing you should take all technical information I provide with a grain of salt. I would also really appreciate any advices, corrections and tips from more advance developers.

The Minecraft player side of me has been around since the 1.6 update, and I've mostly played survival since. I've tried building stuff here and there and I love to be able to be creative in that way. The only thing that bothered me was the overall ease of the whole process. Infinite resources, super fast mobility and no danger at all. This is the main reason I like to be creative in survival mode. Building a huge castle, creating new wonderful caves or even something more daunting like a floating island of treasure; accomplishing all these things feels much more enjoyable to me when there is a dose of challenge involved. This means that you will mostly get to see creative content done the hard way. I say 'mostly' because my friend Ada loves to be fully creative in Minecraft, (without the restraints of survival) so her small creations are sure to end up here.

That's about all I can think of writing for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I you decide to stick around. I can't promise future content will be something you'll enjoy, but it's definitely going to be interesting, and most importantly, it will be unique.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I've bookmarked your site ;)
    I became a player of Minecraft 5 months ago and now I wanna become a modder, reading tons of online tutorials and thus coming to your site
    Nice to meet you and I am MomoCow, ready to read every your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I hope you find the information on this blog somewhat useful on your journey to becoming a Minecraft modder. I am bit slow to post these last two months, but I will try to find the time to be more active.

      Delete